ISPE – DECaF Preparation & Resume Building Workshop with Vertex
Day: Thursday, February 16th
Time: 3:30 pm
Location: PFBH Fung Auditorium
UCSD ISPE is teaming up with Vertex Pharmaceuticals to help you jumpstart your preparation for DECaF, UCSD’s annual engineering career fair!
Our guest speaker, a university recruiter from Vertex Pharmaceuticals, will be going over the following topics:
- . Cover letter and resume do’s and don’ts . Resume structure from a science perspective . The STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) method of writing your experiences . One or two page resume. Which is better?
- . The infamous “Black Hole” for resumes
- . How to prepare for a phone and in-person interview . What to wear to an interview. Believe it or not, some people are not dressed for success!
- . How to follow up on interviews
- . How to approach and interact with recruiters at job fairs
Additionally, official members will have the opportunity to have their resumes critiqued 1-on-1 by our guest recruiter following the talk. If you have not already signed up to become an official member and are interested in this opportunity, be sure to sign up ASAP and send us your ID number.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot for this opportunity, and also include your ID number in the email.
This event is otherwise open to students.
Hope to see you there!