Apply online at http://takedacalifornia.com/careers/
We are currently seeking an Intern within the Hybridoma group of the Antibody Technologies department who will be responsible for the discovery and early in vitro characterization of antibodies. The individual will also be responsible for developing and performing binding and functional assays for the primary screening and characterization of antibody candidates against disease-specific targets.
· Generates therapeutic antibody candidates using Hybridoma technologies including immunogen preparation, immunization of mice, tissue harvest, and generation of hybridomas.
· Designs and executes biochemical and cell based assays that enable selection and characterization of desirable antibodies against disease targets.
· Performs small-scale antibody purification, and biochemical characterization of their functional properties.
· Operates automated high throughput platforms and data management/analysis systems.
· Makes detailed observations, compile and summarize datasets, and effectively communicate results and conclusions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Full-time second or third year undergraduate student majoring in Biology or related field.
· Basic knowledge in immunology and antibody structure/function is desirable
· Previous laboratory experience and sterile tissue culture technique is desirable
· Eagerness to learn and contribute to the scientific efforts of the team are required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
Apply online at takedacalifornia.com/careers or email email@example.com for questions.