The TMC/CREATE Partnership School Program is seeking volunteers to work at the two UCSD partnership school sites fall quarter: The Preuss School UCSD (http://preuss.ucsd.edu/ <http://preuss.ucsd.edu/>) and Gompers Preparatory Academy (http://gompersprep.org/).
Program participants support students in grades 6-12 at high-needs charter schools, where educators are utilizing innovative and effective methods of shaping positive outcomes for low-income, first-generation college-bound youth.
Benefits of the Program:
· Invaluable hands-on experience
· Four academic units
· TMC 198 stays on your transcript and is evidence of the great work you’ve done
· Use course and program to bolster your applications for post-undergraduate work
o Looks good on ANY kind of application (medical school, law school, journalism, etc.)
· Opportunity to give back to the San Diego community.
By participating in the program you are:
· Helping low-income, highly motivated, college-bound youths achieve their dreams of attending a higher institution
· Providing students valuable insight on your college experience
Open to all majors and college affiliation!
Available Positions: Tutoring/mentoring, counseling/advisement, student services, special education, administrative assistance, and health.
Applications due by Friday of Week 1, October 3rd.
Want to learn more before applying?
If you have any questions or would like to enroll in the TMC 198 course, please contact Angela Fang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Course does not count for major credit***