Funds are available to support 4-5 undergraduate students to work on Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center projects on the Michigan State University campus this summer through the GLBRC Education and Outreach program.
Criteria for selection:
· Undergraduates currently enrolled in a four-year program
· Not an incoming freshman or graduating senior
Strong preference will be given to:
· Non-MSU students
· Members of an under-represented group in science
· First in their family to attend college
· Students at small colleges without broad research facilities
· Demonstrated interest in a career in bioenergy research
Stipends will be $5,000 per student for 10 weeks. There are also funds available for housing assistance if needed.
To be eligible, the application form and other necessary materials must be completed and submitted to Jonathan Markey (firstname.lastname@example.org) before February 21, 2015.