A call for 2015 Summer Interns! Are you contemplating a career in scientific research and development?
The Marine Physical Laboratory, at UC San Diego?s world renowned Scripps Institution of Oceanography, is currently seeking inquisitive, motivated undergraduate students with exceptional aptitude for quantitative science to apply for the 2015 MPL Summer Internship Program.
Undergraduate college students majoring in Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Geology are encouraged to apply. This ten-week internship will offer qualified students the opportunity to work with some of the most notable scientists in the world and learn about marine science and technology while earning a modest salary.
* Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at a college or university with a major applicable to research done at MPL and NOT in your senior year.
* Considering a career in scientific research
* Available to start at MPL in La Jolla, CA on or after June 1, 2015, and work the duration of the internship, ten consecutive weeks from the start date, for 40 hours per week at a salary of $14/hr.
* A U.S. citizen or permanent resident and NOT a previous MPL intern
* OK with working a short distance from some of Southern California’s best beaches and surf
The Marine Physical Laboratory (MPL) is an organized research unit of the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) and lab at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
Originally established as a Navy-orientated research laboratory in 1946, MPL has maintained a strong multidisciplinary research program consisting entirely of sponsored projects, with a large sponsorship from the Department of Defense (DOD) and the National Science Foundation (NSF).
Coastal Observatory Development
Whole Sky Imager
Observations of Waves and Currents Nearshore
Time Reversal Mirror in the Ocean
Air-Sea Interaction Research
Optical and Ancillary Measurements at High Latitudes in Support of the MODIS Ocean Validation Program
Reference Materials for Oceanic Carbon Dioxide Measurements
HOW TO APPLY
* Visit http://www.mpl.ucsd.edu/ <http://www.mpl.ucsd.edu/> to complete the application online
* Applications will be accepted online only December 19, 2014 – February 27, 2015
* Accepted interns will be notified by mid-late March 2015