Thanks to the Legler Benbough Foundation, approximately 2-3 scholarships covering up to 50% of tuition will be available for promising students in the Biofuels Science and Biofuels Processes Certificate programs at UC San Diego Extension.
Scholarships will be awarded based on promise and potential of candidate, potentially including academic performance and relevant work and volunteer experience. Under and unemployed candidates, residents of San Diego and veterans will receive special consideration.
Application deadline for the winter quarter is Sunday, March 1, 2015.
- Applicants must enroll in the Biofuels Science or Biofuels Processes Certificate prior to receiving funds.
- Applicants must have state why the Biofuels Certificate curriculum will help them to advance in their workplace, community or designated career field.
- Scholarship recipients must successfully pass each course (with a “C” or “Pass” or better) to remain eligible to continue receiving funds.
- Scholarship recipients must use tuition funds within one year of receiving the fellowship award.
- Application Deadline: Sunday, March 1, 2015
- Email an unofficial transcript for colleges/universities attended to the following:
> Angeline V. Yang
UC San Diego Extension Program Manager, email@example.com
> Wendy Stegman
SD-CAB Research Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org