Full and part time internship positions are available with Neurosurgeon, Dr. Kevin Yoo, M.D. F.A.C.S., at SD Neurosurgery, a private practice located by Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla. Gain insight and valuable hospital experience, as well as exposure to how a private practice is run.
Hours and length of internship can vary according to applicant’s schedule.
- Observing surgeries (neurosurgical as well as other surgeries at the student’s request)
- Attending and assisting with clinic, patients, and hospital rounds
- Attending research conferences to learn first hand about the newest research and techniques in neurosurgery, neurovascular surgery, and neuro-interventional radiology
- Planning and possibly participating in medical mission trips
- Writing papers and assisting with projects in Neurosurgery
- Learning how to run a private practice
Minimum Qualifications include:
- UCSD Undergraduate and medical student
- Good interpersonal/organizational skills
- Interest in neurosurgery/medicine
To apply, please email a statement of interest to YooMD@SDNeurosurgery.com with a resume and an unofficial transcript attached. Preference will be given to applicants who are able to make greater time commitments.
Please visit the website for more information: www.SDNeurosurgery.com
Main office location: 9834 Genesee Avenue, STE 310, La Jolla, CA, 92037