The University of Southern California School of Pharmacy is excited to offer its Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program for 2017!
The USC School of Pharmacy’s SURF program is geared towards increasing learning and networking opportunities for undergraduate students committed to pursuing either a professional or academic research career in pharmaceutical and translational sciences. Students will develop confidence and independence in conducting research and communicating scientific concepts under the guidance of faculty and other mentors. In addition to daily engagement in the lab, students will attend biweekly entrepreneurship/professional development seminars and participate in a workshop on the graduate school application process so as to stimulate serious consideration of graduate study. At the end of the summer, students will give an oral presentation of their research to their peers and faculty.
* Participate in cutting-edge research with top USC faculty
* Receive a $3,500 stipend for a full-time program during summer (June until mid-August)
* Gain experience and tools to enhance your application to competitive PhD programs
* Explore the rich and diverse culture of Southern California in Los Angeles while learning about the resources and graduate training opportunities at the USC School of Pharmacy
* Develop lasting friendships with fellow participants
* Housing is provided in shared housing on USC’s University Park Campus on a demonstrated financial need basis only. Evidence of financial need can be demonstrated by providing your most current need-based financial aid package.
NOTE: Housing is only available until Sunday, August 6.
* 2017 SURF Application Deadline is March 15, 2017
* Awardees will be notified by early April, 2017
* Earliest start date: June 1, 2017
For more information, please contact the USC School of Pharmacy Graduate Affairs Office at 323-442-1474 or via email at email@example.com.