For over 15 years, the Pasteur Foundation Summer Internship Program has provided U.S. college undergraduates, entering their Senior year, with a rare opportunity to work on supervised research projects at the Institut Pasteur. The Foundation’s goal is to encourage and inspire students in the pursuit of a scientific career within the context of an international laboratory experience.
Each year, selected laboratories at the Institut Pasteur host U.S. undergraduate students. Internships must begin on or after Monday, June 4, 2018 and conclude on Friday, July 27, 2018, for a total of ten weeks. 2018 applications must be submitted on or before Friday, January 26, 2018.
During the internships, interns will carry out research supervised by a lab mentor. Applicants should be eager to engage with a different culture, and self-sufficient enough to arrange travel and secure housing in Paris. Depending on availability, affordable housing in a residence on campus may be possible. Interns will receive $6,500 to defray travel, housing and living expenses.
* Be undergraduates with an excellent academic record and a strong interest in biosciences and biomedical research (prior lab experience is highly recommended);
* Have completed three full years (six semesters) of college course work by the time the internship commences (be a rising senior);
* Not have received an undergraduate degree at the time of the internship.
* Knowledge of French is not necessary, but a desire to learn it is advisable. This program is open to U.S. citizens only.
* The names of awardees will be posted on this webpage.