The Family & Learning Center is looking to hire a part-time (potential for full-time) Educational Coach/ Tutor. Do you have experience tutoring, teaching, or mentoring students? Do you enjoy inspiring others and helping them learn new skills to reach their goals? If so, this is the position you’ve been looking for.
As an Educational Coach, you will provide one-on-one academic intervention and support for students with learning and/or attention challenges. Through a unique type of tutoring called Educational Coaching, you will help students gain the academic skills and learning strategies necessary to be successful in school and life.
Why work at TFALC?
- consistent and reliable work schedule (part-time, with potential for full-time)
- extensive paid training on how the brain works, how we learn, learning disabilities and ADHD, learning disability intervention, and much more
- fun and supportive work environment
- work blocks from the beach in your personal office space
- competitive compensation paid holidays, PTO, and 401K for eligible full time employees
- BA/ BS Degree (college seniors receiving degree by June 2019 will be considered)
- Experience working with children, such as teaching, tutoring, mentoring, or athletic coaching
- Solid knowledge of high school level math and science
- Strong skills in writing and reading comprehension
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Previous work experience
- Desire to maintain a long-term professional position (18 months minimum)
- Available to work 3-7pm Monday trough Thursday and Saturdays during the school year. Hours will change for summer months.
TO APPLY: EMAIL RESUME and COVER LETTER describing your previous experience working with students and your academic strengths. For more information about The Family & Learning Center visit our website at www.tfalc.com.