The UC San Diego Office of Innovation and Commercialization is hosting an information session on Thursday, November 1st from 7-9pm in The Basement (Mandeville Center, B202).
On the advisement of the Student Innovation Ambassadors, they launched the Converge Incubator. Summer 2018 was the pilot program where w they dedicated $30k in funding run an 8-week, curriculum-based incubator where students received a stipend to participate and focused on building their entrepreneurial ideas. In the pilot program of the Converge Incubator, they received more than 70 applications from 30 different disciplines across campus making it the most diverse pool of applicants for any of our undergraduate incubator programs. The outcomes and feedback from the 10 teams selected to participate was excellent and in summer 2019 they plan to double the number of teams supported by the Converge Incubator.
The Student Innovation Ambassadors program on Student Ambassadors will:
- Meet monthly
- Have the opportunity to sit on a Student Innovation Council which – paired with recent graduates – will give feedback and strategic advice to senior leadership
- Act as liaisons to their home departments
- Act as liaisons to student organizations
- Prestige of advising senior leadership
- High visibility (profiles on website, visibility in public programs, etc.)
- Paid access to SDVG events
- Opportunities to speak or be on panels at signature events (for example, our first student ambassador will co-MC the Changemaker Day keynote)
- Public recognition @ IGNITE as well as certificate
- Gift card raffles
Please use this link to recommend outstanding, engaged undergraduate and graduate students that you believe would be interested in this role: https://goo.gl/forms/qsbUQ2oJQRHOg1M53. Self-nominations are accepted.