Border Latino and American Indian Summer Exposure to Research (BLAISER) was created to address health disparities in Arizona’s ethnically diverse and fast-growing communities. This cutting edge 10-week, undergraduate research experience provides an extraordinary laboratory training opportunity, pairing the junior and senior level student-scholars with preeminent UA health sciences researchers.
- Mentorship by a UA biomedical researcher or medical scientist working on translational research
- Master the medical and graduate application process
- Learn about minority health disparities
- Participation in workshops on GRE and MCAT in order to make students more competitive
- Travel to Nogales AZ and Sells AZ in order to learn about health disparity issues in the border region.
- Create and present a research poster
- Share experiences with students that are pursuing similar goals and objectives
- Present research at the UA Summer Research Conference