Plantible Foods is focused on the development of RuBisCO protein as an ingredient for
the plant-based food industry. Their technologies are built around the aqua farming of a
crop called Lemna minor (AKA Common Duckweed), and associated technologies to
extract the RuBisCO present in Lemna. Operating a 2 acre pilot scale duckweed farm
in San Marcos and a production facility in Vista, and are currently looking for a
Cultivation Operations Associate to support their Lemna cultivation team on the farm in
The Associate will assist the company and its researchers in all aspects of routine
greenhouse and cultivation operations including cleaning, harvesting, as well as data
collection and analysis. Promising candidates work well outdoors and are available to
work flexible hours (especially early mornings). Plantible Foods is looking for an individual with passion for outdoor work/agriculture/plant-based food, a positive attitude, and friendly and open to learning new things.
- Recent or soon to be college graduate with an Agriculture (or related field such as
biology, chemistry, etc.) degree OR have farm experience through employment.
- Knowledge and experience in hydroponics/aquaponics and greenhouse work is a
strong plus. Willing to train the right individual.
- Need to have good record keeping skills and be a team player with a passion for
- Ability to regularly lift and move 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work independently, be trustworthy and responsible with a desire to
always be learning.
- Ability to work full time is preferred but part time work can be considered.
Please contact email@example.com for more information.